Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,500 people at 37 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 25,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: This position has primary responsibility for oversight of mental health services and case management services to children, youth and their families. The School Based Services Supervisor supervises Mental Health Specialists providing mental health, case management, and other services to students on school sites, at the students’ homes, or in other locations in the community. He/She may also provide direct services in addition to managing the school-based programs and acting as the liaison to the schools, school district, county departments, health and community agencies.
Master's degree in a Mental Health Field plus four years experience in a mental health field with at least two years experience post licensure.
Above experience should be with children or adolescents (preferred) in residential or community-based settings.
License or Certification
Licensed as MFT, LCSW, or Psychologist
Valid California Driver's License.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops, coordinates and manages all mental health school-based services in collaboration with other school-based resources and outside agencies.
2. Supervises and manages the clinical performance and quality of services delivered by Mental Health Specialists and Support Counselors.
3. Interviews referred youngsters and significant others to assess and evaluate their appropriateness and need for services.
4. Works with referred clients, their families, school staff, representatives of referring agencies, and other relevant parties (in-house and external) to promote rehabilitation and amelioration of problems which interfere with productive social and emotional daily living. Acts as liaison with various external agencies (such as Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Behavioral Health Care Services, Probation Department, Dependency Court, and police) to facilitate youngsters’ adjustment
5. Employs a “whatever it takes” approach including counseling, shadowing, training, modeling and other interventions deemed necessary to facilitate a student’s academic and personal success.
6. Availability by phone to assist in crisis intervention and provide support and assistance in problem resolution.
7. Contributes to organizational quality management and improvement efforts.
8. Develops new programs and evaluates the effectiveness of services provided by STARS staff.
9. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Community Services Director, Community Services Administrator, or his/her designee as needed
- MFTI and ACSW’s receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, October 7, 2019
- San Leandro, CA, USA