Licensed Therapist (IHOT)
Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,500 people at 37 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 25,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
This position has primary responsibility for leading the IHOT team with Stars. The team lead provides clinical oversight and direction for a team of two peer specialists and one family advocate. The IHOT team is a unique team that provides outreach and engagement to disengaged individuals who may be reluctant to access mental health care for a variety of reasons. The lead assists the team in both locating and connecting with these individuals with the intent to help link them to alameda county community-based services. The lead may need to evaluate and assess young adults who have not previously been linked to care. The IHOT Lead assists with the family support group once monthly which is co-led by our family advocate. In addition, the lead provides oversight for team documentation, supervision for IHOT team members, provides as needed one-on-one clinical supervision and leads a weekly clinical supervision group for clinicians on a licensure track.
Master's degree in a Mental Health Field.
Two years of experience in a mental health field required. The experience should be with transitional aged youth (preferred) in residential or outpatient settings and with individuals experiencing severe mental illness, homelessness and who may be involved with substance abuse.
License or Certification
LMFT or LCSW license in California plus two years post licensure
Valid California Driver's License.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists team with the initial contact for new referrals. Gathers information from the TAY and significant others to assesses and evaluate their needs.
2. Works with referred young adults, their families, representatives of referring agencies, and other relevant parties. Acts as liaison with various external agencies to receive and manage referrals and linkage.
3. Co-leads a once monthly family support group.
4. Provides one-on-one supervision as needed for staff on a licensure track and provides clinical support for the Stars TAY team.
5. Facilitates a once weekly clinical supervision group for Stars team members who are on a licensure track.
6. Meets with young adults in the community, in hospital settings, or in clinics. Provides transportation for clients to needed services.
7. Provides oversight on documentation and billing for the IHOT team
8. Manages openings and closings of referrals
9. Attends weekly and as needed meetings with county TAY and adult providers.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Community Services Supervisor or his/her designee as needed.
- MFTI and ACSW’s receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Pay Type Salary
- San Leandro, CA, USA