Calibration Lab - Lead Technician
Our products enable the biopharmaceutical industry to be at the forefront in the development and advancement of treatments for serious diseases. Earning sales revenue of more than 1.4 billion in 2017 our people come from over 60 nations at 50 sites in 33 countries.
The calibration lab supervisor is responsible for all activities occurring in the pipette calibration lab.
The supervisor will have thorough knowledge of pipette calibration procedures, software, techniques and tools, and be able to train and communicate to the calibration technicians how to properly perform pipette calibrations.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
- Organize daily work flow and prioritize orders to insure work demand is met.
- Work with NYSC Lead Technician to assure adequate man power.
- Supervise all technicians that are working within the lab.
- Verify all equipment necessary to perform pipette calibrations are within specification and are in proper working order. This includes the HVAC system and all monitoring equipment.
- Assure all service related activities are properly documented in the SMS system and in the pipette calibration software.
- Liaise with customers to verify proper calibration requirements are met and documented, delays are communicated and that customer’ expectations are fulfilled.
- Work with service OPM team as required achieving customer satisfaction.
- Keep lab supplies stocked and organized, and submit purchase requests for supplies as needed.
- Run periodic reports in SMS system or calibration software as requested by management or sales staff.
- Work with sales team on all contracts to ensure proper resources are available in order to adequately fulfill contract commitments.
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company:
- Technical education, degree or trade school in electronics or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of laboratory environment
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Strong identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
- Bohemia, NY 11716, USA