Our products enable the biopharmaceutical industry to be at the forefront in the development and advancement of treatments for serious diseases. Earning sales revenue of more than 1.4 billion in 2017 our people come from over 60 nations at 50 sites in 33 countries.
Sartorius is bringing new bioprocessing products to the market for single-use freeze/thaw systems. The PD team in Bohemia is responsible for product development activities from early concept all the way to launched product. The individual will be a key contributor on high profile, fast paced projects. This role will be focused on mechanical and system engineering activities including design, specification, and qualification of disposables and equipment used for freeze/thaw systems as well as overall management of the project through commercial launch.
• Occasional work in a wet lab with chemicals and BSL1 biological material
• Occasional domestic/international travel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as technical lead on a core team overseeing multiple aspects of projects from concept through commercialization using a phase gate approach
• Develop systems for use within a regulated industry including electromechanical assemblies, consumables, and software
• Design and evaluate prototypes using a combination of internal and external resources to verify compliance with requirements and process robustness
• Transfer designs to internal/external manufacturing teams. Oversee product qualification then maintain a support role throughout product life cycle (change management, root cause investigations, etc.)
• Recommend and implement engineering process improvements
• Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BE) in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
• 3+ years product development experience within a regulated (e.g. pharmaceutical, medical device) industry
Other Skills (ex. specific computer skills, level of oral/written communication, etc):
• Experience with plastic fabrication techniques (molding, thermoforming, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to engineer solutions to complex multidisciplinary problems
• Ability to prioritize tasks and balance individual technical contribution with coordination of activities across multiple sites, organizations, and disciplines
• Working knowledge of at least one 3D modeling program (e.g. Creo, Inventor, Solidworks, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills, capable of clearly expressing technical concepts to people with various levels of technical expertise
• Ability to effectively interface with internal and external international sites
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
- Bohemia, NY 11716, USA