Embedded Software Engineer
Our products enable the biopharmaceutical industry to be at the forefront in the development and advancement of treatments for serious diseases. Earning sales revenue of more than 1.4 billion in 2017 our people come from over 60 nations at 50 sites in 33 countries.
Embedded Software Engineer Summary:
Work is split primarily between two target environments:
- A Windows background service, authored in C++ and utilizing Win32 and MFC (80%)
- ARM microcontroller firmware, authored in Embedded C (20%)
A strong background in C++ and multi-threaded application development is required.
Embedded software developers work with electrical and mechanical engineers, image-processing experts and user-interface software developers to code optimized methods for instrument operation. As required, embedded software engineers also contribute to the development of testing and prototyping tools, as well as fixtures for testing instrument subsystems.
Required Skills & Experience:
- S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience writing, testing and debugging C++ in multi-threaded, event-driven applications
- Understanding of the fundamentals of object-oriented programming, inheritance and polymorphism
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Visual Studio, MFC, Win32
- Multi-threading and thread synchronization
- Modern C++ language features (C++11/C++14) and the standard template library
- Software design skills with an eye toward resource (CPU, memory, disk) optimization
- Authorization to work in the US required.
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
- Ann Arbor, MI, USA