Manager, Applications Specialists, Fermentation Technologies
Our products enable the biopharmaceutical industry to be at the forefront in the development and advancement of treatments for serious diseases. Earning sales revenue of more than 1.5 billion euros in 2018 our people come from over 60 nations at 50 sites in 33 countries.
The Manager, Application Specialists, Fermentation leads the Field Application Specialist team for Fermentation Technologies in addition to supporting key sales and promotional efforts in North America.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
The Manager, Applications Specialists is the manager of the Fermentation Field Applications Specialists with the following key responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Field Application Specialists through effective training and mentoring
- Ensure proper coverage for the region for all Fermentation application support needs
- Manage administrative aspects of team
- Responsible for target achievement and Fermentation business development in the territory
- Develop and implement together with sales/local AS customer strategies and tactics to achieve business targets based on market analysis and customer potential analysis
- Define training needs and development plans for team
- Act as escalation pathway for higher level activities and sales opportunities
- Demonstrate robust knowledge of regulatory affairs, biotech processes, and the Sartorius Stedim Portfolio with a special focus on upstream products
- Interact closely with product Specialist team and Sales management for specific projects and initiatives and help close large new and conversion business projects on filters
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company:
- At least 6 years’ experience in Fermentation/Cell Culture in the biopharmaceutical/biotech industries
- Minimum of a 4-year college degree in relevant engineering field, biotechnology, chemistry or biology. Graduate work a plus (MBA, M.S., MEng, PhD)
- Excellent technical expertise within the field of upstream technologies
- Long-term sales and/or technical support experience
- Excellent leadership skills with team, change and conflict management abilities
- Good analytical and organization skills
- Must be willing to travel at least 30% of the time; sometimes internationally
- Strong understanding of the biopharma, vaccine, blood and plasma, ophthalmic, or other related industries with respect to filter applications in processes
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Strong identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
- Travel Required Yes
- Bohemia, NY 11716, USA