Virologist - Veterinary Focus
Our products enable the biopharmaceutical industry to be at the forefront in the development and advancement of treatments for serious diseases. Earning sales revenue of more than 1.4 billion in 2017 our people come from over 60 nations at 50 sites in 33 countries.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
- Develop new products and technologies in the area of cytometry related to virus and other nanoparticle quantification.
- Independently plan, direct and execute scientific research and/or development strategies.
- Independently adapt or modify experimental methods to achieve technical objectives. Anticipate potential problems and design preventative solutions.
- Determine strategic approach to experimental design.
- Investigate, create and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Critically analyze complex data, interpret and integrate experiment results within project and company objectives. Determines project directives based on data analysis.
- Maintain complete and thorough documentation in accordance with relevant Virus Analytics required standards to support patent applications and defense as well as other international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP/QSR requirements, etc.).
- Assist research and business area management to create technical strategies for the business segment, and to create a pipeline of ideas for product development.
- Guide technical strategy and interface with other departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Technical Service and/or Operations) to coordinate product development and improvement.
- Perform fundamental literature and patent searches related to new product and technology opportunities. Develop alternative strategies as necessary.
- Maintain a high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature, competing technologies and/or products and attendance of scientific seminars and meetings. Communicates the significance of recent scientific developments to peer group.
- Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
- Serve as an internal technical expert and outside consultant.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company:
- Ph.D. with industry Postdoctoral training preferred or a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience.
- Key knowledge includes:
- In-depth knowledge of veterinary virology
- In-depth knowledge of immunological reagent science
- Multi-faceted research planning and design
- Safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements
- New product development processes
- Experience with flow cytometry a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis, research design and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies.
- Solid technical writing skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently required.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing programs/projects and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner.
- Basic leadership skill in regard to the leading of small teams on projects including project planning, budget management and mentoring.
- Strong identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
- Arvada, CO, USA