Manager, Data Services
Manager, Data Services
RxBenefits is hiring! The Manger, Data Services position is responsible for building and supporting the data behind our Analytic and BI Platforms. This position will also be responsible for hands-on design for enterprise data warehouse / data lake development initiatives and maintaining a high performing data team while maintaining the exceptional level of professionalism and customer service standards that RxBenefits has attained within the Healthcare industry. You’ll also collaborate with peers from Software Development, Infrastructure and Security, and Business Intelligence, Enterprise Architecture, and the broader company to ensure alignment on key business goals.
Job Responsibilities Include
• Make ongoing recommendations of data architecture, standards and system configurations
• Ensure timely delivery of new products and features utilizing best-in-class technologies
• Providing expert level domain and data model knowledge and counsel to others
• Driving the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
• Constantly monitor and evaluate emerging technologies and digital trends.
• Understand the practicalities of the Agile approach to software development.
• Lead efforts to Conceptualize, Architect, and implement all Data warehouse, Data Lake, and other data integration technologies. (Snowflake, Informatica, etc.)
• Plans Capacity and Usage for functional area.
• Works closely with the BI and Enterprise Architecture to ensure the EDW/DL satisfy the needs of analytics and reporting platforms
• Partner with other architects and engineering teams to define, design and implement related technologies
• Assist in technical presentations and info-sharing sessions to create a clear and uniform understanding of the new systems to various constituents
• Provide guidance and lead resolution of technical issues as they arise.
• Responsible for attracting, mentoring and retaining high performance data team
• Responsible for creating roadmap documents, coding standards, process documents, Agile Development methodology and governance documents.
• At times, responsible for assisting with client and project engagements to document technical requirements for database, applications, integration, infrastructure, etc.
• Drive the design and construction of a client’s complex business problems into innovative technology solutions.
• Requires BA/BS in Computer Science or related field;
• 7+ years of IT management experience
• Experience with one or more data technologies including Snowflake, Qlik, Tableau, AWS, HBase, Spark, Hive, RedShift etc. is required.
• Strong experience with data integration technologies including InformaticaCloud (or similar tools)
• Experience implementing solutions on the Public Cloud, AWS preferred
• Experience using AWS native tools (S3, EBS, EC2, EMR) preferred
• Experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo) a plus
• Healthcare industry experience is preferred
• Experience with security and privacy standards; e.g. HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO27001 etc
• Excellent Written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
• Experience Agile software development life cycles Experience with Event and Domain Driven Design a plus
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- RxBenefits, Inc., Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America