RxBenefits is hiring! We are seeking a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in our vast prescription history data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
• Analyzing our data to build predictive models of user prescription usage, cost projections, and other operational models.
• Using advanced data mining, machine learning, and other statistical methods to create predictive models.
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
• Experimenting with additional data sources to enhance the predictive power of our data.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner to technical and business leadership.
• Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
Required Experience and Skills:
• M.S or Ph.D. in data science, machine learning, or other related discipline.
• 3+ years of direct industry experience or relevant research experience applying data learning techniques to create business value.
• Depth in common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
• Demonstrated ability to work with business leadership to understand and map business requests into data science experiments.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate data science results and their relevance to business leadership.
• Location flexible. Remote with regular visits to office for senior candidates (5+ years industry experience with Ph.D. in relevant field).
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- RxBenefits, Inc., Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America