Director, Revenue Cycle
Job Summary: The Director of Revenue Cycle Management Operations is responsible for all revenue cycle activities for the Company’s businesses that bill third party payers and will work closely with the business owners to accurately code and bill for these businesses and maximize collections.
Manage the Revenue Cycle function (RCM) for growing healthcare business that provides patient care both in the home and at hospital-based outpatient clinics managed by the Company. Also, the Company will be selling wound care supplies by mail order to patient’s homes in the 33 states where the Company manages centers.
The Director of Revenue Cycle will be responsible for the entire revenue cycle process when the Company is billing for supplies or physician services. For clarity, the position will not manage the revenue cycle support it provides to its outpatient centers. This position will manage insurance verification, charge entry, coding, denial management and payment posting.
- The Director of Revenue Cycle will be a subject matter expert that will provide leadership and work closely with other team members, including operations and IT to ensure that processes and controls are developed to ensure the smooth processing of claims, minimizing the days outstanding of accounts receivable and maximizing the cash received.
- The Director of Revenue Cycle will develop, manage and disseminate reports, including charge reports, cash reports, accounts receivable and other reports as needed to effectively manage the revenue cycle function.
The Director of Revenue Cycle will recruit, develop, train, and manage a team of coders, billers, customer service representatives of others as is required by the type and volume of claims, and will work closely with finance and operations to develop a plan to staff team.
- Since this is a new position, the Director of Revenue Cycle will take the lead, while consulting with other department heads to develop this function.
- Incorporates best management practices in the achievement of goals and objectives to improve process in cooperation with Intake, Payment Integrity, IT, RDCT/Clinical Staff, and Billing/ Collections, etc. on policies and procedures, and technologies (throughout the company) to ensure that they are developing, building and complying with a clearly defined, effective revenue management approach consistent with the overall mission and strategic plan of the company and hospital partners.
Develop procedures to track trends, minimize disruptions, improve workflows, and increase collections.
- Through effective escalation process, communicate to all interested parties on the financial impact of cash collections, denials, processing delays and system failures.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Must possess experience in all areas of the Hospital OP Revenue Cycle: Patient Access, Health Information Management, and/or Patient Financial Services expertise, preferably involving wound care services.
- Experience managing revenue cycle teams for multi-site, multi-state healthcare companies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and hospital billing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications/Competencies:
- Ability to work cooperatively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to promote subordinate staff professional growth and expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of personnel at client hospital sites.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills required.
- Strong, effective interpersonal and written communication skills required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license the entire time this position is held.
RestorixHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
- Pay Type Salary
- New Orleans, LA, USA