Area Program Director- Registered Nurse
The Area Program Director is responsible for the overall leadership, performance and day-to-day activities within his or her Wound Care and/or Hyperbaric treatment centers throughout the area of assigned responsibility. Additionally, the position is responsible for ensuring the delivery of consistent, high quality patient care and service through a blended hands-on and leadership by example approach. He or she is responsible for staff management, team-building, budgeting, revenue cycle management, clinical operations, hospital partner interaction and retention, ensuring compliance with all Company policies and procedures, physician management, and professional education/community referral development. This role is responsible for promoting a mentorship training site for all colleagues that need training.
- Staff Management and Team Building Duties
- Works in collaboration with RXH/Hospital Partner Human Resources Department to conduct interviews for prospective staff and determines suitability for hire.
o Assesses, coordinates, and facilitates training and educational programs in collaboration with other support departments (Facility Implementation Team, Revenue Cycle, Human Resources, and Clinical Operations) including but not limited to:
1. Orientation of New Staff
3. Mandatory Requirements
4. Developmental Needs
o Manages center employees, both clinical and operational across:
1. Performance Management
2. Behavioral Management
3. Evaluation Process
4. Disciplinary Process
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth by keeping current with Industry and/or Hospital standards.
- Participates in continuing education meetings, committees or workgroups and identifies personal need both managerially and clinically and seeks resources as needed.
- Leads by example and establishes performance expectations, providing regular feedback and consistently managing these expectations.
- Completes performance appraisals, staff development, utilizing performance improvement procedures as necessary, and ensures all staff complies with hospital/RXH policies and procedures.
- Provides and promotes a mentorship site for all Program Directors in need of training.
- Clinical Operations
o Visible in wound clinic and HBO suite demonstrating a leadership-by-example aligning supportive documentation for procedures (graft utilization, debridements) and alignment of DRG HBO components in conjunction with clinical staff.
- Collaborates with Medical Director and staff to develop, implement and manage RXH’s Performance Improvement Plan to improve Quality Outcomes.
- Plans, implements, evaluates and adjusts staffing patterns and clinic flow to improve efficiencies and productivity in accordance with acuity levels.
- Completes in a timely manner all billing and utilization documentation requirements via EMR including registration, charge posting, and supporting medical documentation notes.
- Ensures appropriate compliance with Clinical Practice Pathways and initiates, modifies and effects unit-based changes in clinical practice to maximize patient outcomes.
- Reviews retrospectively monthly outcome report(s) and collaborates with RXH/Hospital Partner to identify improvement opportunities.
- Serves as an advisor and communicates effectively with staff, patients, and family to monitor patient and referring physician satisfaction.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with Joint Commission and other applicable accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Administration and Performance Management
- Prepares, establishes and manages salary, supplies, equipment and material budgets and financial performance objectives, in coordination with RXH Regional Director.
- Manages and/or coordinates all aspects of the revenue cycle including registration, scheduling, hyperbaric conversion, treatment authorization, documentation, coding, charge entry, billing, collections and denial processes.
- Maximizes monthly program utilization by controlling external barriers including scheduling constraints, scope of supervision coverage, medical clearances, compliance, and chamber maintenance.
- Meets all compliance requirements including but not limited to RXH’s compliance plan, center-specific policies and procedures, federal (Medicare) and state (Medicaid) programs, and Joint Commission.
- Implements audit and reconciliation processes to ensure accuracy. Regularly reviews the Charge Description Master and Superbill to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
- Conducts chart audits to monitor and ensure documentation meets regulatory and billing requirements. Stays current with reimbursement changes, providing physician and staff updates and education as needed.
- Partner Relationship Management (partner hospital, participating physicians, referral sources)
- Interfaces and collaborates with hospital and RXH staff and management, and upholds hospital partner reporting and operating requirements.
- Problem solves and troubleshoots issues between the center and its physicians and hospital partners.
- Works effectively with case managers and other disciplines to assist in the planning and implementation of strategies to improve performance and outcomes.
- Facilitates and/or conducts individual and group educational presentations to the various referral sources and general community.
- Reviews and analyzes key financial reports, identifies key indicator trends and develops plans to ensure best practices are implemented to appropriately maximize clinic and overall program profitability and/or address variances.
- Tracks and reports all inpatient, outpatient, outreach, HBO and ancillary revenues generated by the program. Works with Regional Director to complete a quarterly financial review and presents results to hospital leadership.
- Total responsibility for the center, 24/7.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Minimum 5 years total experience in an ambulatory setting or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, healthcare administration, business or marketing preferred.
- Experience in medical sales, process management, leadership, marketing and referral source generation preferred.
- Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner experience preferred.
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills, be technologically savvy and comfortable learning and teaching new applications
- Prior experience working with an electronic medical record system preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications/Competencies:
- The job is multi-facetted with multiple constituencies, so flexibility, communication and interpersonal skills are critical.
- The job requires leadership, high energy, drive, and fortitude in order to succeed.
- The role requires ensuring that RXH employees operate as a team, a task which requires team building experience.
- Demonstrates exceptional listening skills.
- Has a proven ability to effective engage and train/coach colleagues.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills are a must.
- Pay Type Salary
- Gary, IN, USA
- Hammond, IN, USA
- Merrillville, IN, USA