Assistant Program Manager
Job Summary The Assistant Program Manager is responsible for the creation of a caring, supportive environment that contributes to the emotional, physical, spiritual, and mental well-being of all residents. This includes the supervision of staff, maintaining an in-depth knowledge of residents, and administering the activities and operation of the program in a manner consistent with the mission of Project HOME.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with the Program Manager to facilitate intake process, including interviews, working with referral sources to collect paperwork, and coordinating move ins. Ensure documentation meets contract requirements.
· Work with Outreach Coordination Center as well as manage the relationship with referral sources including contract agencies for eligible referrals (OCC and Encampment Focus List).
· Create an environment that combines the necessary structure, case management and/or service coordination support, counseling, interaction, freedom, and safety to facilitate Resident growth, individuality and connection to the Project HOME and the external community
· Provide ongoing consultation with individuals in recovery
· Coordinate services and linkages with outside agencies/providers
· Coordinate and schedule recreational activities and groups related to recovery and overall health
· Provide both routine and random drug screens
· Seek out and participate in relevant trainings and in-services
· Foster and model respect, empathy, and understanding of residents
Resident Leadership & Community Integration:
· In an effort to build resident leadership, provide structure and guidance to resident council, resident led endeavors and encourage resident’s strengths in leadership
· In an effort to build community integration with Project HOME residents and the larger community, identify and meet with neighborhood leaders, and involve them in community events.
· Provide regular and consistent supervision and general oversight of support staff, substitutes and kitchen staff to ensure program is person centered with a focus on wellness.
· With the senior program manager, ensure documentation is meeting PHOME and contractual obligations
· Provide and document regular individual supervision with staff
· Oversee all volunteers at site
· Manage the on-call schedule
· With the Program Manager, ensure program is meeting Strategic Plan goals
· BA/BSW, or related degree and two years related experience including minimum of one year supervisory experience. Or, HS Diploma/GED and minimum of 5 years work experience with population.
· Experience working with recovering persons (mental illness, drug/alcohol, or dually diagnosed persons) and/or facilitating and coordinating activities and groups
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and assessment skills
· Understands and affirms the mission of Project HOME
· Strong verbal and written communication
· Knowledge of social service delivery systems
· Strong Computer literacy including experience with electronic record systems.
· Availability for on call duties
· Bilingual in English/Spanish
· Experience working with homeless individuals and/or in supportive housing a plus
· Driver’s License
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- Philadelphia, PA, USA