Dental Services - SKWC Receptionist/Scheduler
2144 Cecil B. Moore Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19121, USA
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Job Summary: The Dental Receptionist/Scheduler has the primary responsibility of providing exceptional customer service to all clients, patients and internal team members. Additionally manage the providers’ appointment schedule and registering patients using the practice management system. Essential functions and competencies are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patients with exceptional customer service.
- Register, check-in and check-out patients for their dental appointments following all policies and procedures.
- Perform all policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate payment.
- Collect fees from patients as appropriate
- Referral management
- Preauthorization and Benefit Limit Exception submissions
- Scheduling of appointments with providers at Project HOME Healthcare Services (PHHS) locations, with a specialization in Dental Scheduling
Note: The appointment scheduling and patient registration process is the first introduction that PHHS patients have to the Wellness Center; it is vital that these interactions be trauma-informed, professional and courteous. This is also the first step in our billing process; an essential component to being reimbursed for services rendered to our patients.
- Perform World Class Customer Service by handling each patient/client with empathy and compassion.
- Follow up on outstanding patients by utilizing various reports.
- Verify insurance eligibility and assist patients in completing sliding fee discount applications as appropriate.
- Contact scheduled patients and patients who have missed appointments to remind them about their appointments at PHHS locations.
- Referral Management – follow up with the patients to reduce barriers to completing specialty dental work. Assist in maintaining a calm atmosphere in the waiting area.
- Be present at the reception desk at all times except during lunch and breaks.
- Ensure all calls are answered in a timely manner and messages returned within one hour.
- Handle emergencies, if necessary, by following security procedures and notifying the appropriate personnel.
- Pick up mail, faxes and documents and deliver.
- Scan incoming document, authorizations and other appropriate documents.
- Assist with various clerical tasks as requested.
- Maintain patients’ and visitors’ privacy and confidentiality. Treat all (staff, patients and guests) with courtesy and respect.
- Submit and track status of Pre-authorizations and Benefit Limit Exceptions.
- Provide coverage for other front desk stations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The work of Project H.O.M.E. is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person. As such, we strive to function as a community of individuals who demonstrate respect, courtesy, dignity, support and care for all people.
Our community of care extends to homeless persons, residents, vendors, consumers, staff, outside agencies and all people who enter our dwelling places. Thus, we work to avoid making assumptions and generalizations about people. We demonstrate and foster respect for cultural differences. We believe in our ability to listen and learn from one another.
Specifically, building community for the Dental Receptionist/ Scheduler means:
- Receiving and responding to work tasks in a courteous and timely fashion.
- Meeting and greeting visitors, residents, other staff and co-workers in a polished and welcoming manner. Provide World Class Customer Service.
- Intentionally maintaining open dialogue and verbal/written communication to eliminate chaos, confusion, and misunderstanding.
- Striving to put others at ease and communicating in ways they can understand.
- Developing and maintaining smooth, cooperative working relationships with others.
- Encouraging open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Supporting the dentist in the provision of treatment with dignity and professionalism.
- In addition, all staff are responsible for the following:
- Commitment to the mission of Project HOME.
- Work at establishing a base of trust with each resident/patient
- Develop good working relationships among community and staff.
- Continue to learn about mental illness, addictions, and dually diagnosed residents/ patients and oral healthcare
- Accept patients and guests "where they are" while working to assist them
- Observe confidentiality, privacy, and dignity of each resident/patient.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Proven exceptional customer service skills
- Proven de-escalation skills
- Strong problem solving, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Prior experience using a Practice Management System (Nextgen or other) or Electronic Dental Record (EDR)
- 1 year experience as a Dental Assistant or Dental Receptionist required.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate as a member of a team.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Knowledge of dental tooth numbers and ADA codes preferred.
- Prior experience delivering services to persons with histories of homelessness, mental illness, substance dependence, and trauma would be helpful.
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug screen and background checks.
Project HOME reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, youth, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization. Join us! Project HOME has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all staff and applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, hiring selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, associate programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.