Practice Front Desk Lead
2144 Cecil B. Moore Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19121, USA
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Job Summary: The Front Office Lead provides leadership and supervision for the front desk/scheduling team. This position carries primary responsibility for maintaining, monitoring and conducting the scheduling and registration of patients for Project HOME's Medical, Behavioral Health and Dental practices. Additionally, the Front Office Lead ensures that other front office responsibilities are carried out which include scanning incoming paperwork, hospitality services (laundry and showers), mailings to patients, receiving packages, etc. The Front Office Lead supports the Practice Manager in training and Quality Assurance efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide supervision and training with a focus on customer service, teamwork, communication and conflict resolution for reception staff.
- Provide coverage for Medical Receptionists, Dental Receptionists and Financial Assistance Specialists
- Ensures accurate patient insurance eligibility checks are performed on a consistent basis.
- Documents patient complaints and follows through the patient complaint process to ensure an excellent customer service experience.
- Ensures that procedures are followed in order to request and collect all appropriate fees at check-in.
- Distributes tokens per the token distribution policy.
- Ensures Front Office Team is providing World Class Customer Service
- The Front Office Lead plays an essential role in helping the practice maintain Patient Centered Medical Home standards.
- Property management:
- Enter work orders in Yardi
- Open offices when staff are locked out
- Monitor completion of cleaning checklists.
- Ensure timely completion of scanning.
- Perform quality reviews of scheduled appointments to ensure compliance with procedures/policies
- Track and trend recurring scheduling errors and determine appropriate plans and training
- Monitor Front Office Team time off and attendance.
- Manage schedule to ensure appropriate appointment availability for Same Day scheduling, New Patients, dental work, specialty visits, etc.
- Block appointment schedule as needed for meetings, office closings, etc.
- Monitor Authorization and BLE processes in dental.
- Take initial patient complaints.
- Ensure hospitality is operating appropriately according to all policies and procedures
- Ensure proper receipt of patient payments
- With support from benefits counselor, ensure that dental work is scheduled in a timely fashion and in accordance with sliding fee and payment requirements.
- Training of front desk in existing and new procedures/workflows.
- Perform all functions of the Receptionist/Scheduler as needed
- Maintain patients’ and visitors’ privacy and confidentiality. Treat all (staff, patients and guests) with courtesy and respect.
- Add, update and terminate alerts
- Support Benefits Counselor with insurance eligibility and sliding fee schedule as needed
- Assist in maintaining a calm atmosphere in waiting area
- Ensure package delivery process is followed
- Ensure that guests arriving at the Wellness Center for non-clinical appointments and meetings sign the visitors’ log then contact the appropriate person in the building. Be attentive to the movement of staff and guests entering and leaving the building.
- Allow clinic access to staff, guests, and patients and identified delivery people only. Log and report any unusual activity.
- Assist in de-escalation efforts when patients or visitors become upset or agitated.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma or GED.
- 2 years Lead/Supervisor Experience in a Medical setting
- Exemplifies and trains others in offering World Class Customer Service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with focus on excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Prior experience using a Practice Management System required.
- Strong analytical and time management experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and to motivate team.
- Ability to handle stressful situations while providing exceptional customer service.
- Prior experience delivering services to persons with histories of homelessness, mental illness, substance dependence, and trauma would be helpful.
- Excellent communication skills including diplomacy and tact with patients.
- Ability to display non-judgmental attitude.
- Ability to remain solution-focused and respectful in all interactions with staff, co- workers, vendors, and clients.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in an atmosphere where people may be hostile or abusive.
- Knowledge of de-escalation methods or willing to be trained in these methods.
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug screen and background checks.
Project HOME reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, youth, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization. Join us! Project HOME has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all staff and applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, hiring selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, associate programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.