Dental Services Dentist
2144 Cecil B. Moore Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19121, USA
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Job Summary: Provide competent and accurate dental care and treatment to all patients assigned including routine and emergency dental services, diagnosis and treatment plans, general restorative procedures, crown and bridge construction, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontics, and minor oral surgery
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and prescribe anesthetics and medication
- Conduct follow-up patient care
- Refer patients for specialty care to other clinic programs or outside agencies as appropriate
- Accurately input and manipulate patient data in an Electronic Dental Record; experience with NextGen a plus
- Provide dental and oral health education to patients and families
- Assist in reviewing clinic productivity, scheduling procedures, and establishing guidelines for care and treatment
- Actively participate in community dental programs
- Demonstrate willingness to accept an integrated approach to the delivery of health care services
- Assist with in-service and on-going training of clinic staff
- Exercise professional judgment in the performance of services provided consistent with the organization’s policies and the standards of the dental profession
- Utilize and monitor effectiveness and efficiency of all equipment and supplies used in the delivery of services
- Interact with visitors, residents, other staff, and co-workers in a professional and welcoming manner
- Interact positively with a diverse, sometimes difficult, and demanding patient population.
- Provide service in a manner that is appropriate for the patient’s age; demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient’s physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of Project HOME
- Supervise Dental Assistants, Expanded Function Dental Assistants, and Dental Hygienists
- General Responsibilities:
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Use sound judgment in patient communication
- Participate in Quality and Risk Management Committee as designated
- Develop and maintain activities to achieve Patient Centered Medical Home as required
- Team Functions
- Work in compliance with all medical policies and with standards such as OSHA, HIPAA, and funding body regulations
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Exercise good judgment in bringing any issues necessary to the attention of the supervising dentist or Dental Director
- Constantly strives to achieve excellence in the day-to-day operations of Project HOME Dental Services
- Licensed to practice dentistry in Pennsylvania
- D.D.S. or D.M.D.
- Restricted Anesthesia Permit for administration of nitrous oxide in Pennsylvania
- Experience with NextGen a plus
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug screen and background checks.
Project HOME reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, youth, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization. Join us! Project HOME has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all staff and applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, hiring selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, associate programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Job Start Date
Monday, July 1, 2019