Human Resources Department HR Generalist
1415 Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19130, USA
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day to day management of the Project HOME Human Resources operations, including all benefit orientation and administration. The Human Resources Generalist assesses and anticipates Human Resources related needs within Project HOME The Human Resources Generalist will ensure that Human Resources processes and services are delivered in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all policies, procedures and reporting requirements are followed in compliance with corporate and government requirements and regulations.
- Processes new hires/promotions/transfers and employment terminations within HRIS systems and personnel files. Coordinates the preparation, recording maintenance and reporting of data related to the HR department PTO and personnel information (personnel and personnel files, HRIS input and maintenance) in an accurate, complete, organized, and legally compliant manner;
- Conduct bi-weekly new employee benefit orientations, ensure employees gain an understanding of the policies, benefit plans, and enrollment provisions. Counsel employees on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Enter and maintain employee paper and electronic files in Dayforce including terminations; process appropriate correspondence within deadlines, while ensuring confidential information is not compromised.
- Assists with handling of employee relations issues including performance evaluation, disciplinary action, conflict resolution and succession planning.
- Keep Sr. HR Operations Manager advised of all employee relation potential problem areas and disciplines. Seek assistance from Sr. Director of Human Resources for any disciplinary or employee relation matters in the absence of the Sr. HR Operations Manager.
- Maintain weekly, bi-weekly or monthly reports as needed for Sr. Director of Human Reports including but not limited to KPI new hires, terminations, etc.
- Create necessary reports to assist departments manage staffing, control cost and make accurate decisions.
- Assist employees in such personnel areas as employee records, payroll documents, classification, compensation, and benefits administration.
- Enter all Machete or Dayforce changes including change of address, employee status changes, departmental transfers, rate increases, etc., timely to ensure accuracy for payroll processing.
HRIS / Benefits Administration
- Oversee benefit enrollment for new hires within the 5 days of hire. Follow up with any employees that have not enrolled in benefits within the first 5 days via telephone and email to ensure that employees complete benefit elections to ensure compliance for ACA reporting.
- Provide day-to day benefit administration services for staff including communicating changes, auditing records and resolving employee coverage errors.
- Administers the bi-weekly 401(k) plan reporting and maintains compliance. Keep Sr. Director of Human Resources and Sr. HR Operations Manager aware of any system issues with vendor.
- Maintain a log of dates, and issues with 401k (k) administration, etc. that have not been resolved in 24 hours.
- Provide assistance to Sr. HR Manager and Sr. Director of Human Resources with employee benefits administration (including workman’s compensation, disability, leave), vendor administration.
- Maintains Dayforce HRIS records Creates and complies data collection and standard/custom reports from Dayforce/HRIS system as needed.
- Assists Sr. HR Manager and or Sr. HR Director with completion of OSHA, EEO, and grant report requirements (i.e. annual OSHA posting/maintenance of logs, EEO1 report, etc.).
- Conducts personnel file audits to ensure compliance and accuracy of employee data.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Responds to verification of employment and unemployment claims request for terminated employees.
- Working knowledge of record keeping policies and procedures and ability to apply knowledge to job tasks.
- Sufficient interpersonal skills and maturity to communicate effectively with professional staff, direct care staff, residents, vendors, prospective employees, and others in person and on the telephone at all times.
- Exercises tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential personnel issues at Project HOME.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times in the care and use of Project HOME company property. Able to understand and to follow written and verbal directions. Able to effectively communicate with staff members and Managers through verbal and/or written means.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties/projects within allotted time frames and or to meet deadlines.
- Shows evidence of strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to respond to change productively and to handle additional tasks/projects as assigned.
- Assist with the compilation of data from personnel records in preparation for reports, legal matters or other needs.
- Able to carry out the essential functions of this job (with or without reasonable accommodation) without posing specific, current risks of substantial harm to health and safety of self and others.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other local, state, and federal laws.
- Coordinates and assists with HR related event preparations (Staff BBQ/Social Hours) as needed
- Performs other HR generalist duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- At least three (3) years human resources experience.
- Excellent organizational, customer service, presentation/facilitation and communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and analytical tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, strong organizational and customer service orientation are required.
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug screen and background checks.
Project HOME reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, youth, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization. Join us! Project HOME has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all staff and applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, hiring selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, associate programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.