Kairos, 1515, and 1523 consolidated Support Staff
THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Job Summary: The chief responsibility of the Support Staff is to provide for the safety of the residents and security of the building. Duties include handling emergencies, monitoring medications, making hourly rounds and recording events in the log, performing housekeeping duties as needed, assisting residents with activities for daily living, keeping informed of resident’s weekly progress, logging residents in/out of building, assisting in preparing and/or serving meals, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
This is an On Call position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with residents on medication monitoring as needed
- Serving and/or preparing meals
- Completing hourly rounds; documenting observations and resident activity
- Maintaining building safety and safety of residents at all times
- Minimum of 1 year related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to interact appropriately and in a supportive manner with residents and staff
- Very strong communication organizational and writing skills
- Prior experience working with mental illness, issues regarding homelessness and addictions
- Knowledge of crisis intervention, de-escalation
- ServSafe Certification preferred. Certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire/start date. Must be maintained at all times, which requires re-certification every 5 years (Project HOME will pay for certification and re-certification).
- Experience with medication monitoring
- Prior training in working with adults with a serious mental illness
- CPR certified preferred
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug screen and background checks.
Project HOME reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Philadelphia, PA, USA