Facilities Maintenance Lead
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of the Facilities Maintenance Lead is to assist The Director of Facilities and Sustainability with building-related maintenance and facilities management activities at PH properties. The position will be responsible for assisting in the preservation of infrastructure and ensure that the facilities are safe and well-functioning. This requires hands on experience and certification in HVAC and related building mechanical systems. Must be able to assist with property inspections to insure the properties remain in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. This position will assist the Director of Facilities and Sustainability, provide detailed reports and assist with the management of contracts and capital improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance in resolving issues in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and general maintenance
- Assist with determining the need for outside services, monitoring services to ensure cost control.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to help determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Provide support to Director of Facilities related to the bidding and contracting of portfolio-wide service contracts and capital improvement contracts.
- Develop and manage relationships with Property Staff members and Commercial Clients.
- Coordinate with the Director of Facilities and Sustainability on the implementation of property improvement projects
- Assist Director of Facilities and Sustainability in providing standardization of critical building information by site
- Provide Administrative assistance with document preparation
- Provide hands on assistance and training with HVAC repairs and building mechanical system repairs
- Respond to emergencies and be on call for emergencies as needed
- Direct and schedule maintenance activities
- Assist with training and mentoring the maintenance team in order to achieve a team of highly skilled, customer-focused technicians
- Other duties not specified.
- Must have previous experience in HVAC and building mechanical systems with a formal HVAC trade school degree and CFC certification
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- 5 years prior experience with HVAC and building mechanical systems
- Strong understanding of general construction practices
- Basic knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and access to a vehicle for use in site visits, and the state-mandated level of auto insurance.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer software tools
- Experience in commercial properties
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- Philadelphia, PA, USA