Behavioral Health Services - SKWC Behavioral Health Consultant
Job Summary The Behavioral Health Consultant will primarily be responsible for providing integrated clinical behavioral health services in a manner that upholds the health center’s mission and quality standards and results in better patient health outcomes and overall satisfaction, and stronger operational and fiscal capacity of the Stephen Klein Wellness Center. The Behavior Health Consultant will work at all PHHS sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Consultation with PCPs to enhance understanding of the patient, provide decision support for treatment planning and assist in the implementation and monitoring of biopsychosocial treatment plans.
· Individual, couples, and/or family consultation with patients, including:
o Functional and strength-based assessment and diagnosis;
o Psychoeducation for patients and their support systems;
o Medication adherence counseling and disease self-management counseling;
o Motivational Interviewing to develop behavioral strategies aimed at symptom reduction;
o Brief problem solving cognitive intervention aimed at modifying negative thinking and promoting self-efficacy;
o Self-Care Plan development and skills training to facilitate disease self- management, improved coping, distress tolerance, stress reduction, and relaxation; and
o Substance use/abuse evaluation, identification of maladaptive coping strategies, and development of harm reduction strategies.
o Referral for other services including medical care, housing options and other social services
· Provide consultation to and coordinate care of patients with health center primary care staff.
· Identify, refer, and advocate for patients needing specialty behavioral health service, and other services as needed.
· Be immediately available to the health center staff during working hours in the event of a psychiatric emergency.
· Participate as a member of the health center staff in the event of any other kind of emergency.
· Complete all charting as needed and required by contracted funding sources: including assessments, progress notes, and billing.
· Identify quality improvement opportunity or system inefficiencies.
· Work with appropriate staff to resolve these issues by participating in performance improvement processes.
· Take an active role to contribute to the improvement of office functioning.
· Other responsibilities as needed
· Master’s degree in social work, or related field, with a minimum of two years’ experience as a behavioral health provider and a current license to practice in Pennsylvania as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Psychologist (or working toward licensure)
· Competency in providing cognitive and behavioral interventions to individuals, families, couples, and groups with behavioral health/substance abuse problems in a primary care setting
· Competency in providing cognitive and behavioral interventions to individuals, families, couples, and groups with behavioral health/substance abuse problems in a primary care setting.
· Experience using trauma-informed and social justice frameworks
· Experience working with homeless individuals and/or underserved communities
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- Philadelphia, PA, USA