Associate Graphic Designer
We are seeking an Associate Graphic Designer to join our Creative Services department and become part of a team focused on inspiring and captivating our customers. This role will focus on print design and execution for retail, point of sale, promotional materials and apparel graphics. We want someone to quickly learn Orvis lifestyle & brand and connect with our customers through creative presentations that drive us into our future. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to leverage their education and passion for exceptional design as a next step in their career.
We firmly believe that the only way for Orvis to achieve its vision, is to have a company culture that is supportive and inspires the individuals who will get us there. Our associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature. We invite and inspire associates to connect with the adventure and wonder of the outdoor world. Come join us in a life outdoors. We believe the most meaningful experiences are created by sharing the love of nature and being inspired by its endless possibilities.
Who you will be working with:
Reports to the Retail Design Manager. Interfaces daily with the Design Manager, Creative Director, Project Managers, Photo Art Directors, Copywriters, Merchandising, and Marketing.
This position is based in our Home Office in Sunderland, Vermont. Our Vermont location is a dog-friendly office, so you may have a few 4-legged office mates as well. Orvis Dogs at Work
What you will be working on:
• Work with the Design Manager to create print, POS, promotional/advertising materials, and apparel graphics
• Assist Design Manager and Creative Director in implementing design strategies
• Creation and deployment of production files
• Coordinate workflow with partners and project managers
• Interface with in-house support/service teams, and print production vendors
How we will measure success:
• Create best-in-class design and customer experiences that strengthen the brand and increase sales for all Orvis Retail properties
• Implement campaign creative direction for each season
• Apply brand and style guidelines across all projects
Skills that will be important in this role:
• Dedication to quality with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Philosophical alignment with company core values
Qualifications we are looking for:
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design or a related field
• 2+ years of experience, and an interest or background in designing for a fashion/outdoor brand
• Impeccable graphic design and typography skills
• Flawless craftsmanship and execution of design projects
• Master of Adobe CC InDesign Illustrator, Photoshop
• Hyper-aware of graphic trends
• Portfolio will be required as part of application process
About Orvis – http://orvis.com/
In 1856, Charles F. Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, building superior fly-fishing equipment, and priding himself on unmatched customer satisfaction & service. Today, our mission is to inspire the world to love the adventure and wonder in nature. At our core, we are a fly-fishing and wingshooting brand, inspired by nature, driven by curiosity, and fulfilled by adventure and an ethic of conservation. Our passion for designing best-in-class fly-fishing tackle, gear, and performance hunting apparel has inspired our wide assortment of men’s and women’s sportswear, innovative dog beds & accessories, luggage, gifts and travel product—all built with a quality that makes us proud to own & give. Every product or service we offer is backed by superior customer service and a 100% guarantee of satisfaction.
Privately owned by the Perkins family since 1965, Orvis is headquartered in the Green Mountains of Southwestern Vermont with major operations in Roanoke, Virginia and the United Kingdom. Orvis is an international, multi-channel retailer with approximately 1,700 employees. Our award-winning website, orvis.com, offers more than 5,000 products with 34 million visits/year. The company mails more than 48 catalog editions each year with a total annual circulation in excess of 57 million. As of 2019, Orvis runs over 74 retail stores and 8 outlets in the US, and 18 retail stores in the UK. Our wholesale division services more than 500 independent dealers worldwide. The Orvis blog (orvis.com/news) offers a wide variety of editorial and educational content to more than 2.5 million visitors per year, with extensive articles and videos about fly fishing, wingshooting, dogs, conservation, and more. Our Learning Center (howtoflyfish.orvis.com) provides the most comprehensive collection of online videos and resources devoted to fly-fishing education, while the Orvis-endorsed network of lodges, outfitters, and guides deliver exceptional sporting and eco-travel experiences across the United States and the world.
At Orvis, we’ve fostered a supportive company culture that inspires every associate to aim for great things, where they fully engage to help the company meet its goal of exceptional product development & customer service. Orvis offers competitive compensation commensurate with scope of responsibilities and experience required; plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, 401K with a company match, generous Associate Discounts, and other excellent benefits. Orvis strives to have a workplace where associates will come to work every day being fully engaged in helping the company meet its goal of exceptional customer service while producing profits necessary to be successful long-term
To learn more and connect with Orvis, please visit us online www.orvis.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- 178 Conservation Way, Sunderland, VT 05250, USA
- Sunderland, VT, USA