191 - IT Applications & Network - Datacenter Administrator
customers throughout Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia and Pennsylvania. We care about our communities,
seek to understand what drives our customers and create customized solutions to meet their needs.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of our customers, coworkers and shareholders through an
unparalleled commitment to the client experience and passionate involvement in the community.
Job Title: Data Center Administrator
Supervised by: Director of Information Technology
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent; appropriate IT industry standard certifications.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; advanced understanding of common applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.; intermediate understanding of data networking, circuits, servers, network switches, and other equipment and devices; experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, and Web Filtering. Basic knowledge of virtualization infrastructure, SANs, and datacenter connectivity; understanding of appropriate backup and disaster recovery solutions; visual and auditory skills; ability to bend, stoop, reach, and lift items weighing 50 lbs. or less; valid driver's license.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years’ related work experience normally required.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the Bank’s network, server, storage, and backup/disaster recovery infrastructure; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
1. Performs a variety of duties to support the Bank’s network, server, storage, and backup/DR infrastructure, assisting the Network administrator, of which the following are illustrative:
a. Builds, installs, and maintains servers and network equipment per Bank policy and procedure.
b. Analyzes and determines appropriate layout of all data center equipment.
c. Maintains current documentation; logs solutions in knowledgebase; cross-trains members of the IT Department when necessary.
d. Monitors network, server, storage, and backup/DR infrastructure; provides troubleshooting, monitoring, new installs, and maintenance.
e. Administers the following in either a primary or secondary role: Server Infrastructure (Windows servers and Virtual Machines), Network Infrastructure (LAN and WAN), DFS/FRS, Email Infrastructure, Web Filtering, Active Directory, Backups, Disaster Recovery, and Storage.
2. Provides next level technical support (commonly through the Help Desk) of which the following are illustrative:
a. Assists users in resolving hardware, software, phone, network, or other IT issues via phone or remote access methods.
b. Assists with a variety of IT issues requiring "next level" support.
c. Servers as a technical liaison/expert for any Cyber Security initiatives.
3. Performs the following duties in a backup capacity:
a. Coordinates or performs PC adds, moves, or changes.
b. Installs, tests, and maintains PCs, printers, receipt validation printers, scanners, signature pads, and other peripheral hardware.
c. Maintains parts inventory for all hardware.
4. Responds to all users in a prompt and courteous fashion.
5. Informs supervisor of any unresolvable difficulties.
6. Strives for improved customer service by suggesting improvement ideas to supervisor.
7. Adheres to all pertinent Bank and IT policies and procedures.
8. Escalates unresolved issues appropriately in the department.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
10. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
11. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
12. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
13. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
14. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Various outside locations as assigned
3. Computers and networking equipment
4. Printer/Copier/Fax machine
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- First United Bank, Operations Center, Oakland, Maryland, United States of America