Senior Support Analyst
3434 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201, USA Req #20
Friday, May 24, 2019
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University seeks a Senior Support Analyst to champion customer-focused solutions to the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas. Our ideal candidate provides technical leadership to help us advance our mission, exemplifies organizational values, and provides emotionally intelligent solutions to stakeholders. They also have demonstrated success supporting, configuring, and maintaining end-user equipment, conference rooms, and basic network configurations.
This individual will refine their technical expertise by participating in network roll-outs, assisting with Network Administrator responsibilities, and engaging in security training and monitoring with devices (such as Darktrace AI). Professional development opportunities, such as attending local conferences and training sessions, are encouraged to empower this individual to succeed. This role reports to the Senior Director of Information Technology and provides shared services to the Institute for Humane Studies.
• Provide technical leadership, as needed, in troubleshooting advanced issues
• Handle technical hands-on onboarding to team members with assigned projects
• Assist Network Administrator with projects as assigned
• Handle assigned tickets to meet all departmental SLA policies
• Provide administrative leadership to Intune operational use
• Provide monthly helpdesk reports (tickets and printers) to leadership
• 2+ years of relevant technology support
• Network+ certification (required)
• Experience with audio / visual equipment, event set-up, and event technical consulting
• Experience with Office 365, Exchange, JIRA, Active Directory, Windows 10
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical and administrative end-user support on addressing the end-user experience
• Excellent customer focus and emotional intelligence with clients and stakeholders
Help Us Grow
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center's mission.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit, and free credits at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For nearly 40 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.
About the Institute for Humane Studies
Each year IHS awards over $1 million in scholarships to students from universities around the world. IHS also sponsors the attendance of hundreds of students at its summer seminars and provides various forms of career assistance, including mentoring, a job board, and online career development seminars. Through its programs, the Institute promotes the study of liberty across a broad range of disciplines, encouraging understanding, open inquiry, rigorous scholarship, and creative problem-solving.
The Institute for Humane Studies is a recognized leader in the development of talented students, scholars, and other intellectuals who share an interest in liberty and in advancing the principles and practice of classical liberalism. IHS, founded in 1961, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) educational organization, based at George Mason University, that works with students and scholars across a broad range of academic and professional disciplines.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Certification
- 3434 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201, USA