Senior Technical Sales Representative - SENSR
General Description / Purpose:
The Senior Technical Sales Representative – Structural Response Monitoring is a results-oriented individual with a proven record of successfully marketing and selling engineering services and/or technology related to the construction, monitoring and maintenance of bridges, vertical structures and other related infrastructure. This position will involve frequent travel and presentations to engineers, transportation executives and others to market and sell our leading-edge products and services for structural response monitoring.
This position reports directly to the President, and will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer, the engineering staff, the operations staff, the production staff and administrative staff to ensure effective communication and a high level of collaboration throughout the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for successfully marketing SENSR’s products and services to customers and potential customers, preparing written proposals for monitoring systems on bridges and other structures, building long-term relationships with customers based on value-added products and excellent customer-service. Will periodically report on all marketing and sales activities and will play a key role in developing marketing plans and strategies. Ensures that SENSR is an active and highly respected member of industry associations, and a contributor to the safety, security and efficiency of our customers’ businesses.
- Proven ability to develop business
- Currently working in the transportation industry, a plus
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to create detailed technical proposals
- Excellent presentation skills
- Established contacts in the construction/transportation industry
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and web-based e-mail
- Personal integrity
- Business Sales Success
- Technical Sales Experience
- Relationship builder
- Strong work ethic
- Self-starter, energetic, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and management skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently, with occasional work in the field
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Ability to understand and communicate the features and capabilities of SENSR products to engineering executives who represent our customers
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
- Strong commitment to safety and willingness to earn all required safety certifications for working in the railroad environment
- Bachelor’s degree, a Civil Engineering degree is preferred or working as a current engineering consultant, DOT or railroad employee
- 4+ Years of Experience
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Experience in working successfully with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with establishing and managing customer relationships.
- Ability and willingness to prepare periodic reports on marketing and sales activity as required
Working Conditions / Physical Conditions:
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, telephones, voice mail systems and other office equipment.
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials and computer screens.
- Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
- Frequently required to sit, walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, speak and hear.
- Ability to routinely lift to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds safely.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel will be required (approximately 35% - 50%)
- Job Family Marketing and Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- SENSR Monitoring Technologies, LLC, Georgetown, Texas, United States of America