Research Technician (Crotty)
Laboratory Research Technician, Vaccine Immunology
We are seeking a full-time Laboratory Research Technician for a position in the laboratory of Professor Shane Crotty at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) working on high-impact scientific projects in human and mouse immunology. The Crotty laboratory works on vaccines and vaccine immunology (Science 2009, Science 2016, Nature Immunology 2016, Immunity 2018). This is an academic position to work on human and mouse immunology projects, focused on CD4 T and B cell responses in the context of infections, vaccines and autoimmunity.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, handle highly complex work tasks, be able to work efficiently, and will carefully record and organize experimental designs and data. Training and mentoring will be provided for the skills and knowledge involved. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are motivated and eager to learn.
Under the supervision of the Professor and PhD level lab scientists, the research technician will assist in performing research in human and mouse immunology. The research technician will perform a wide range of immunological techniques, such as isolating lymphocytes, flow cytometry, and cell culture, using precious human tissue samples, and cell manipulation using CRISPR.
• B.A./B.S. or higher in a biological science, chemistry, or biochemistry
• Theoretical knowledge of biology, immunology, cell biology or related field at the college “upper division” level; or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Experience using laboratory equipment
record keeping skills with ability to organize and analyze data
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Previous experience in a laboratory is not
required, but 1-5 years of laboratory experience in cell biology, immunology,
or molecular biology is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in flow cytometry, molecular biology or other immunological techniques is preferred.
• Must be willing to work with recombinant DNA and biohazardous materials.
• Must be willing to work with human blood
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please submit:
1. A brief cover letter relating how your talents fulfill the criteria for this position
2. Your resume/CV
3. A minimum of two references (three preferred)
- Job Function RT
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA