Support Technician II-Wall
Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the contract furniture company that best understands the contract furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure contract furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
- A working knowledge of the Wall Department preferred
- A good understanding of the Wall scheduling/specials process preferred
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Be proactive setting up work cells to keep production flowing
- Communication link with Manager and between shifts
- Resource for department product knowledge/quality issues
- Be trained on all mechanical equipment within department to help with problem solving and training
- Troubleshoot problems dealing with all areas within the department
- Issue CPR's and follow up on receiving material
- Be able to read, understand, and work with appropriate Managers/Engineers on department specials
- Institute and practice Lean Manufacturing ideas
- Assist and help maintain safety in the department
- Thorough understanding of bills of materials
- Demonstrate effective communication and listening skills
- Effectively deal with differing personalities in a motivational manner
- Enforce policies and procedures
- Assist in maintaining the Team Philosophy
- Assist Managers in helping maintain labor standards
- Ability to hold a team of 5 - 12 technicians accountable and drive the process
Qualified candidates should have a positive attitude, willingness to learn, be motivated to attend work regularly, have an interest in personal development/growth, and be able to work well with others in a team setting.
KI offers a competitive benefits package including Education Reimbursement, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance. In addition, KI offers 401K, a great work atmosphere and a focus on health and wellness. KI is truly an employer of choice in the area for these reasons.
Apply today to express your interest and learn more about KI.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Manitowoc, WI 54220, USA