Production Tech I-Fabrication
Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
DEPARTMENT: Production Tech I - Fab / 1st Shift
- Read and understand shop orders
- Use internet to pull blueprints for orders
- Read blue print to ensure the correct material is being used
- Understand material, quantity, next operation and how to kit job
- Understand scrap reporting
- Understand alternate material reporting
- Use and safely operate drill presses, saws and punch presses to manufacture quality parts
- Change Dies, saw blades and drill bits as needed
- Load pieces into machines
- Clean and lubricate machines as needed
- Understanding of fixtures used in fabrication
- Bending and twisting frequently
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, up to 25 lbs frequently
- Perform 1st piece inspection to ensure part is correct
- Operate all assembly production equipment in an efficient and safe manner. (Presses, drill
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (Kaizen events, layout planning, Value Stream Mapping as events happen)
- Provide suggestions for continuous improvement
- Monitor productivity and downtime issues to provide suggestions
- Be open to changes occurring to improve processes
Qualified candidates should have a positive attitude, willingness to learn, be motivated to attend work regularly, have an interest in personal development/growth, and be able to work well with others in a team setting.
KI offers a competitive benefits package including Education Reimbursement, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance. In addition, KI offers 401K, a great work atmosphere and a focus on health and wellness. KI is truly an employer of choice in the area for these reasons.
Apply today to express your interest and learn more about KI. If you need assistance, please contact HR.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Manitowoc, WI 54220, USA