Operations Support Representative - Help Desk Support
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
We are Jackson Hewitt, Working Hard for the Hardest Working.
Do you enjoy working from home, but also enjoy interacting with co-workers regularly? Work either entirely from the Sarasota office or in a hybrid role (spit your schedule between working remote and in the office).
Do you enjoy working from the comfort of your home? Work in a fully remote capacity with our Work from Home program.
The Operations Support Team has the right opportunity to fit your preference and schedule. NO SALES – NO OUTBOUND CALLS – FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES – A REAL WORK AT HOME OPPORTUNITY…OR NOT, YOU CHOOSE WHAT ROLE WORKS BEST FOR YOU.
In a world where the hardest working Americans are strapped for both time, and money, Jackson Hewitt is on a mission to be their advocate. For many of our clients, the tax return is the most important financial event of the year, and the biggest paycheck many will receive.
We would like your help in supporting our 6000 nationwide offices to run smoothly by troubleshooting and fixing the tech and software related issues that inevitably come up!
The Operations Support Representative 1 position is responsible for providing a world class experience to Jackson Hewitt Franchise and Corporate employees by answering Hardware and Networking troubleshooting calls or web chats in a Work at Home, or in-office, Contact Center environment. You will resolve 1st Tier level interactions via phone and chat, or escalating to Tier 2 upon Employee request or applicable resolution path. This is a Seasonal Position with a possible duration of mid-November, through mid-April the following year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
• Solutions Oriented, supporting one-call-resolution. Use tools, knowledgebase, and communication skills to effectively research and transmit accurate information with a goal of resolving the Employee’s reason for contact.
• Demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor. Maintain a confident, friendly and helpful tone in conversation.
• Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Employee issues.
• Verbally de-escalate and handle difficult Employee situations.
• Understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
• Understand detailed policies and procedures and explain these to the Employee in a manner which is easily understood.
• Utilize multiple systems to access Employee information, research issues, educate and solve the Employee’s reason for contact.
• Accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
• Handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Employee information.
• Diligently and accurately document Employee records and cases.
• May be asked to assist with other program support including email, web chat, co-browse, outbound and other support initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 1 to 2 years of technical, desktop support, or contact center experience.
• Must demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor and the ability to maintain a confident, friendly and helpful tone in conversation. Bi Lingual Spanish a plus.
• Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills.
• Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
WORK AT HOME REQUIREMENTS
• Windows 10 PC with minimum of 4 gigs of Ram and Google Chrome as main browser
• Wired or Wireless Network speed at or above 20 mbps
• A quiet room with no background noise or possibility of audible interruptions
• Dual ear USB Headset with microphone and noise cancelling function
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Keying / typing, sitting, standing, walking.
• Minimum 35 WPM
• Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in a high contact center environment.
• Compliance with company attendance standards.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• FLSA status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Required Education High School
- Sarasota, FL, USA