Intern - Machine learning based LMP consistency monitor
Department: Business Architecture and Technology
Minimum Education Level: PhD
Preferred Majors: Computer science, statistics, or electric/industrial engineering
Business Architecture and Technology (BAT) department is responsible for research and development at ISO New England. BAT provides technical consultation and quantitative analysis services to other departments in the company. It makes significant contributions to improving the system reliability and increasing market efficiency in the ISO New England control area.
What will you be working on:
Develop a proof-of-concept tool for monitor LMP consistency. As the market and its software system keep evolving, many factors may affect locational marginal price (LMP) calculation. The LMPs in day-ahead and real-time markets may be inconsistent. Consequently, it can lead to market participants' certain arbitrage behaviors, which do not align with intended market outcomes. The inconsistency may not be easily identified during the market operation. Candidates are expected to develop machine learning/data analysis models to identify the possible LMP inconsistency using historical data.
How will you make an impact:
- Gather historical LMP data
- Select appropriate statistical or prediction models to identify the potential LMP inconsistency
- Analyze possible arbitrage behaviors
- Familiar with various financial instruments in electricity power markets
- Have deep knowledge of machine learning and data analysis
- Have the ability to investigate issues and solve problems independently as well as collaboratively
- 2 or 3 year of a PhD program in computer science, statistics, or electric/industrial engineering
- Have experience in the area of electricity market trading strategies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America