Intern - Market Simulator
Department: Business Architecture and Technology
Minimum Education Level: PhD
Preferred Majors: Electrical/Computer Engineering, Operations Research, Power systems control
Business Architecture & Technology department carries out the major research and development initiatives for ISO-NE.
What will you be working on:
The various market development/improvement needs calls for a market simulation tool that captures the major ISO market features and takes the ISO format data input, while being flexible enough to allow quick modification of the clearing model. The intern is expected to develop this tool during the internship.
How will you make an impact:
- Develop data adapters for ISO market data input;
- Produce day-ahead market clearing models in Python;
- Test and validate the market clearing models with ISO data.
- Good understanding of ISO markets and clearing process.
- Knowledge of power system operations.
- Proficient computer programming skills, especially Python.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of how ISO markets clear (this usually requires an optimization related background).
- Ability to write Python code for the simulator, so experience in programming (especially Python) is preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America