Intern - Measurement Based Dynamic Equivalent and Transient Stability Assessment Tool Enhancement
Department: Business Architecture and Technology
Minimum Education Level: PhD
Preferred Majors: Power System Engineering
Business Architecture and Technology provides business and technical solutions to various business units at ISO New England. The department also conducts research and development in market design and operations, power system planning and operations.
What will you be working on:
The intern will perform research on measurement based dynamic equivalent of external systems and enhance the on-line transient stability assessment tool.
How will you make an impact:
- Conduct the research of dynamic equivalent of external systems using PMU measurements;
- Study the Transmission Operation Guides;
- Work with ISO engineers to add additional interface limits to the on-line transient stability assessment tool (TSAT).
- Strong power system transient stability background;
- Good mathematical and programming skills.
- Familiar with Synchrophasor technology a plus
- Experience in using TSAT, PSS/E and PowerWorld software in transient stability simulation a plus
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America