Intern - Business Architecture & Technology
Minimum Education Level: PhD
Preferred Majors: Electrical Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics
The Business Architecture & Technology department provides expert analysis on a variety of topics to support reliable operations, system planning, and effective pricing.
What will you be working on:
Operator actions are commonly cited as examples of how the ISO can inadvertently alter market outcomes in terms of cleared quantities and/or prices. The intern will explore ways to incorporate operator actions into the ISO's market clearing and pricing mechanism.
How will you make an impact:
Analyzing reasons for past operator actions, creating mathematical models of the actions and their consequences to the market, and identifying whether certain actions can be priced in the ISO's market framework.
What we look for in a candidate:
- The ability to critically examine electricity market design in terms of engineering and economics.
- The ability to formulate mathematical models and analyze large datasets.
- A background in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research, Electrical Engineering, and/or Economics.
- Familiarity with electricity markets is highly beneficial.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America