Intern - Corporate Communications
Intern: Corporate Communications
Preferred Majors: Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design
The Corporate Communications department is responsible for media relations; corporate messaging, collateral, and identity; employee communications; crisis communications; content management; web management; and technical editing.
What will you be working on:
The Corporate Communications intern will develop content for a variety of mediums for both external audiences (national and regional media, utility and energy companies, financial institutions, state policymakers and commissioners, and federal regulators) and employees (highly specialized engineers and economists). The intern will be involved in projects and functions primarily related to: 1) Reporting, writing, editing. 2) Employee Communications. 3) Media Relations.
How will you make an impact:
- Draft articles and other content for corporate websites (intranet, external web, news blog).
- Report on internal events and take photos.
- Perform tasks related to the corporate intranet redesign project.
- Perform tasks to support media requests.
- Help with video production, including script writing and interviewing.
- Draft tweets.
- Help develop print materials and PowerPoint slides.
- Support Communications staff should emergency communications be required
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines.
- Preferred Qualifications:
Desire to pursue a career in Corporate Communications and/or Public Relations.
Interest in energy policy or energy industry a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America