Intern - Day-Ahead Support
Minimum Education Level: Masters Student
Preferred Majors: Electrical Engineering ( Power System Focus), Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
Day Ahead & Related Markets Support team provides 24X7 production support and projects execution pertaining to Day Ahead Market, FTR/ARR, Long term and Short Term Outage Coordination, Control Room, Forecast Office, Markets Mitigation and Markets Compliance etc. departments.
What will you be working on:
Candidate should be able to bring engineering and IT perspective to development and or trouble shoot applications. Applications are complex in nature and involves hundreds of data paths. Candidate should be able to coordinate application development or support across multiple departments.
How will you make an impact:
- Develop Power Systems or Energy Markets applications
- Provide unit testing or IT Product testing support for applications supported by IT Day Ahead Markets support group.
- Educational background on complex algorithms, ANNs, data structures, Java programming,
- Relational databases knowledge viz. Oracle or Postgres SQL etc.
- Proficiency in using Excel and Word.
- Programming background preferred
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering,
- Knowledge of Artificial Neural Networks, Statistical methods,
- Knowledge of advanced testing tools etc.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America