Intern - Information Technology Support
Minimum Education Level: Rising Senior
Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering
IT Support of in-house and 3rd party applications for the market customer bid-to-bill process stream, for analyzing and monitoring the markets, as well as applications used within the enterprise for corporate communications, web publishing, finance and security compliance.
Assist Data Analytics Support (DAS) team in the development and support of periodic analytical and reporting systems. Respond to internal business requirements by documenting and developing software system applications. Explore new applications of SAS Office Analytics tools to meet IT and business needs.
How will you make an impact:
- Learn basic SAS and Perl programming to respond to Data Analytics software changes. Learn capabilities and functionality of SAS Office Analytics and SAS Visual Analytics systems with specific attention to configuration of the SAS Metadata Server and integration with SAS Enterprise Guide (SEG).
- Identify business needs that can be met with SAS Office Analytics software and recommend subject areas for further analysis.
- Support DAS with monitoring of host systems and servers which provide services to internal business users and DAS developers.
- Monitor logs and maintain web content of internal systems used by DAS developers and SAS users at ISO.
- Analyze issues that occur with development and production systems and identify probable cause and recommend solutions to acting on-call staff.
- Experience with database theory and applications. Programming experience.
- Introductory understanding of data structures, database theory, statistics.
- Interest and experience in learning computer applications through self-teaching and online resources. Experience using client-server applications.
- Self starter who has demonstrated the ability to find knowledge resources and apply and share new knowledge to build team understanding of new computer systems and functionality.
- Demonstrated ability to document guidelines and procedures for users and administrators of computer systems.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America