Intern - Power System Model Management
The Power System Modeling Department is tasked with design, testing and implementation of power system model changes to the ISO Energy Management System (EMS) with focus on power system applications, including power flow, state estimation, contingency analysis, and markets applications.
What will you be working on:
Assisting Power System Modeling with data handling, updating the New England model, creating planning study cases for Transmission Owners, updating generation profiles by collating data from various sources and reviewing and maintaining contingencies, project data, load profiles and resource data.
How will you make an impact:
- This position requires excellent analytical skills, and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and also to complete tasks independently.
- Graduate student in power systems with B.S. in Electrical Engineering Major preferred. Will consider E.E. with Power System Engineering Concentration.
- PSS/E experience
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America