Transmission Planning Engineer
ISO New England’s Transmission Planning Team is focused, passionate, team-oriented, and results-driven. Their skills and commitment have aided in transforming New England's bulk electricity system into one of the nation's most innovative, forward-looking examples of industry restructuring. Over the past ten years, ISO New England planning engineers have played a key role in developing 475 projects that have been placed in service totaling approximately $10.5 billion of new infrastructure investment.
The Transmission Planning Team is the Planning Authority for the networked electrical transmission system in New England and has:
• Talented and knowledgeable engineers experienced in utilizing the latest modeling applications
• Challenging and complex work offering growth potential
• Opportunities to interact with New England stakeholders including engineers associated with the region’s transmission and generation owners
• A team environment based on respect for all members and their contributions
The Transmission Planning Engineer position is responsible for:
• the performance of transmission planning studies
• simulation of electric transmission system behavior
• analysis of results
• development of recommendations to ensure the continued reliability and economic efficiency of the New England electric power system.
This position provides technical and procedural leadership, coordination, and facilitation within ISO-NE and amongst stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Power Systems
• 0-2 years experience
• Associate Engineer level: 2 to 4 years experience
• Engineer level: 4 to 6 years experience
• Completing the necessary studies to assess system reliability and determine transmission system solutions to resolve concerns
• Perform reliability determinations for generator retirements and for generators requesting to exit the Forward Capacity Market
• Developing data, assumptions, methodology and procedures for use in reliability studies of the New England bulk power system
• Performing analysis to support NEPOOL and NPCC Committee work on regional transmission planning issues
• Senior level: 6 to 10 years experience
• Interacting with stakeholders to seek input and address their concerns with respect to transmission system analysis
• Developing and recommending new business processes and Planning Procedures to the management of Transmission Planning
• Providing leadership assistance in general Transmission Planning group administration
• Must be proficient in applying planning criteria and conducting computer simulations of transmission system performance
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
• Experience in bulk electric system operations and/or transmission planning
• Professional Engineering License
Travel: This position requires up to 5% travel with some over nights.
Location / Benefits:
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- ISO New England Inc., Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America