Animal Caregiver I, Part-time, Seasonal
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a part-time seasonal Animal Caregiver I (working 32 hours per week) for our South Florida Wildlife Center (SFWC) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The main responsibility of this position is to provide the daily care to resident animals and maintaining interior and exterior habitats.
This position will be responsible for:
• Preparing food and diets;
• Feeding and watering animals throughout the day;
• Cleaning assigned interior and exterior enclosures;
• Monitoring assigned animals for any medical and behavioral problems;
• Carrying out or assisting in medical treatments;
• Stocking supplies;
• Capturing, moving, and transferring animals within the facility;
• Maintaining cleanliness of habitats;
Qualifications and Requirements:
• High School diploma preferred;
• Six months to one year of experience in animal care field;
• Ability to move/lift 50lbs, bend frequently, and stand throughout workday;
• Good observational and organizational skills along with the ability to follow written directions and record observations;
• Must be reliable;
• Good communication skills with staff members and supervisors;
• Ability to identify changes in animal behavior or medical status;
• Support the mission of South Florida Wildlife Center.
This position is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA