Engineer II – Layout, PDK, Mask Assembly
EDUCATION DESIRED:· Bachelor’s degree with a major in EE, CS, or related science/engineering field
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:· Responsible for semiconductor CAD (computer aided design) layout and assembly work per customer design specifications
· Create/maintain/troubleshoot PDKs (process design kits) used in CAD tools
· Conduct mask reviews at different phases as necessary
· Work with multiple groups to release layouts and order photolithography mask plates
· Create/edit source code for DRC and automation purposes
· Interface with IT support group for EDA software maintenance and updates
· Communicate and co-ordinate within working group and with external groups
· Ability to multitask and work under pressure with deadlines
· Good documentation practices (especially for DRC and PDK)
EXPERIENCE DESIRED:· 2-3 years minimum in semiconductor design and layout industry
· Advanced proficiency in CAD design work with experience in at least one of the following software applications: Klayout/ Cadence/ AWR (or similar EDA software)
· Experience with creating/editing custom DRC rules in Cadence Virtuoso Assura and Mentor Graphics Calibre
· Experience with creating programmable-cells
KNOWLEDGE DESIRED:· Familiar with Linux environment
· Semiconductor processing knowledge of CMOS technologies (III-V technologies is a plus)
· Coding – SKILL, LISP, etc.
· Version control software for designs
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:· Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time
· Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with people and have a focus on customer service for internal customers.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to work flexible hours. US citizenship required. Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance is required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA