Intern - 3D Printing of Metals (6-mo. co-op)
EDUCATION DESIRED: Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assist in the development of additive manufacturing technologies for advanced metal alloys, and support the entire manufacturing process from raw material production to coupon fabrication, material analysis and mechanical testing. Work independently, follow detailed instructions, and suggest improvements to existing processes.Position will require frequent technical communication with team members and customers, including oral and written reporting. Minimum internship / co-op duration is 6 months.
• Experience with additive manufacturing processes such as fused deposition modeling, selective laser sintering, or selective laser melting is ideal.
• Hands-on laboratory experience in the fabrication and characterization of materials and structures is highly desirable, including polishing, microscopy, and hardness testing.
• Familiarity with computer aided design (CAD) software is a plus
• Familiarity with good lab practices and safety procedures is desired.
• A background in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field is desired
• Course and lab work related to thermodynamics, metallurgy, welding, materials characterization and multi-stage materials processing is a plus.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Applicant must be capable of working safely in a laboratory and performing extended analysis at computer workstations.
• Must be able to learn and safely operate materials analysis equipment.
Selected candidates will be hired through a temporary agency and subject to the agency's pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Malibu, CA, USA