Intern - 3D Printing of Ceramics (6-mo. co-op)
EDUCATION DESIRED: Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assist in the development of novel ceramic additive manufacturing technologies and support the entire manufacturing process from raw material production and 3D printing of samples to material analysis and mechanical testing.Work independently, follow detailed instructions, and suggest improvements to design, processing and characterization of these materials.Position will require frequent technical communication with team members and customers, including oral and written reporting. Minimum internship / co-op duration is 6 months.
• Experience with additive manufacturing processes such as stereolithography or fused deposition modeling is highly desirable
• Hands-on lab work with mechanical and thermal characterization equipment such as load frame and furnaces is ideal.
• Familiarity with computer aided design (CAD) software is a plus
• Familiarity with good lab practices and safety procedures is desired.
• A background in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field is desired
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Applicant must be capable of working safely in a laboratory and performing extended analysis at computer workstations.
• Must be able to learn and safely operate materials analysis equipment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Malibu, CA, USA