Lead Python Developer
For more than 70 years, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art. We are looking for a lead Python developer to help us build software to support the next generation of nano-electronic and quantum devices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Design, develop, and deploy applications and services used to test and analyze novel hardware devices and integrate them into new technologies.
• Build libraries for device abstractions, device synchronization & scheduling, data visualizations, dashboards, and much more.
• Identify issues in code and development practices and be a positive force driving improvements in quality and efficiency.
• Partner with scientists and engineers to help advance our technologies throughout all stages of development.
• Have fun maintaining our exciting and collaborative work environment.
• BS or MS in computer science or related field and 5 years work experience.
• Expert Python programmer with proven track record developing large scale object oriented software.
• Experience building modules and applications using leading open source libraries and frameworks such as Pandas, NumPy, HoloViews, Flask, Jupyter, etc.
• Experience building distributed applications with asynchronous messaging libraries such as ZeroMQ and Redis.
• Familiarity working with heterogeneous computing platforms.
• Solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and computer architectures.
• Ability to spend long periods of time at a computer monitor.
• U.S. citizenship; active security clearance or ability to obtain one.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA