Dir/VP Corporate Security
Gannett is seeking a Dir/Vice President of Corporate Security. In this newly created role, you will have the responsibility of planning and creating a strategic vision for the implementation of enterprise-wide strategies/tactics to safeguard employees. S/he will provide reports and make recommendations on security-related matters to Gannett’s CEO, the Executive Committee, and local leadership teams across the USA Today Network.
The Dir/Vice President of Corporate Security will plan, establish, implement and provide coordinated leadership and direction in all aspects of security procedures and policies to protect the team members, guests, vendors, reputation, facilities and other assets of Gannett and USA TODAY NETWORK.
The Dir/Vice President of Corporate Security will collaborate with external groups such as federal, state, local law enforcement and emergency services to create security plan for Gannett and USA TODAY NETWORK. This individual will also partner with cross-functional groups/internal stakeholders, including but not limited to corporate and local management leaders, operations, finance, risk management, human resources and legal departments.
The Dir/Vice President Director of Corporate Security also ensures the security of employees and equipment within the organization. This individual may communicate with law enforcement on security matters, and may be called upon to provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. S/he should be capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and coordinating with other departments as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in building and executing on a comprehensive, multi-site security strategy
- Advanced degree or equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position or at least 10 – 15 years of experience of increasing responsibility within security, and/or law enforcement/intelligence field including 5 years of experience leading a comparably sized organization in private sector corporate security or a related public sector organization.
- Media industry security experience strongly preferred.
- Must have at least three years’ experience hiring, managing, evaluating, training, and mentoring security personnel.
- Must be able to forecast and develop budgets.
- Must be able to manage financial resources effectively and efficiently.
- Knowledge of proper investigative methodologies.
- Exposure to security technologies, applications, and software.
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
- Pay Type Salary
- 7950 Jones Branch Dr, Tysons, VA 22102, USA