McLean, VA, USA, Virtual
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
What We Do: Gannett is a next-generation media company that empowers communities to connect, act, and thrive. We own and operate the USA TODAY Network, which is comprised of the flagship brand and 109 local newspapers, such as the Arizona Republic and Indianapolis Star. On a monthly basis, the desktop/mobile websites and native apps for those media properties attract more than 100 million unique visitors, generate nearly two billion page views, and 100 million video views.
What You’ll Do: The Product Manager has ownership of specific desktop/mobile web products and drives the product roadmap and execution in collaboration with various stakeholders in pursuit of business goals. The Product Manager works with the leadership team to understand the broader vision and translate that into a cohesive feature roadmap. The Product Manager partners with the customer insights and design teams on product-market fit and drives rapid experimentation and learning. In addition, the Product Manager works closely with software development teams in an Agile environment to define user stories, acceptance criteria, groom backlogs, prioritize features and conduct user acceptance testing.
You will be expected to grow the value and utility of your products in a dynamic, fast-moving marketplace, with success measured by product-specific KPIs. To succeed in this role, you must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, and the personal drive and charisma to make your vision a reality. Outstanding communications skills are a must.
We are looking for a confident, dynamic leader who will:
- Partner with User Experience and Software Engineering leads on research and discovery.
- Take ownership for scope definition, feature prioritization, and crafting user stories which ensure product development stays aligned with business needs.
- Work in an Agile environment on rapid product iterations, validating key hypotheses and assumptions, making pivot vs. persevere decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to refine requirements, resolve conflicts, and remove impediments for development teams.
- Create clear and measurable KPIs related to the timely creation and enhancement of high-quality products that support critical business objectives and multiple stakeholders.
- 2-4 years of Agile scrum experience in a product role for a consumer-facing product.
- Able to think critically and constructively about complex business problems, clearly communicating analysis, and present solutions that clearly address business needs. • Fluency in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking.
- Understand relevant web design and development technologies with the ability to translate business requirements to engineering teams.
- Experience using data and metrics to independently test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success with attention to detail.
- Able to effectively present and explain results with quantitative information.
- Experience with Agile software management tools and development methodologies.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Decisive with a bias towards action.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.