Sales Executive - Auto
We have a key role as an Account Executive – Tier 2/Auto Shows on our Automotive Team, focused on building Dealer Association Relationships and selling Auto Shows across the country.
This is an opportunity to be part of The USA TODAY Network Automotive enterprise wide solutions sales team that will drive a retail auto industry transformation. Our team capitalizes on the utilization of data, leveraging for retention and strategic selling opportunities to grow revenue while leveraging all audiences at our disposal to drive consideration for various new vehicle brands across the nation in multiple DMAs. In-depth knowledge of the Automotive industry is a plus but a proven track record of driving product penetration, cause marketing initiatives, upsells and retention to both new and current customers while increasing client satisfaction.
We are looking for someone that can demonstrate their initiative, resourcefulness and ingenuity along with high level of strategy coupled with strong sales background.
The successful candidate builds solutions and drives results for our Automotive clients, develops relationships with Agencies responsible for Association and Auto Show spending and has delivered results in both “traditional” and “new” media environments.
- Drive Awareness & Leads: Search Engine Marketing, Social, Display, Video, and Mobile Advertising
- Grow Audience and Connect: Brand Content Solutions, Social Media Marketing
- Manage Leads and Customers: Lead Alert, Engagement and Tracking Tools
- Know What Works: Reporting, Mobile Tools, Insight Solutions
- Emerging technology such as Virtual and Augmented Reality
We are dedicated to helping our clients grow based on their unique needs. When they win, we win!
What you need to do to be successful in this role:
- Pursue and close new business and revenue streams
- Retain, manage, and grow clients in the ever-changing digital landscape
- Work within a team to manage the client relationship and retain and build account revenue
- You will identify and understand market potential, develop and execute sales strategies across multiple platforms, including digital, mobile, targeted niche publications and the core newspaper
- Articulate and present our suite of products to business decision makers
- Communicate with customers proactively via phone, email and in person
- Conduct face-to-face customer meetings, presentations, proposals and demonstrations
- Manage a specified sales pipeline and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success
- Conduct client check-ins, upsell/cross-sell accounts, and address client market share concerns
- Utilize CRM (Salesforce) effectively and efficiently recording all sales activity
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years’ experience in a high acquisition, consultative, B2B sales role
- Aptitude or acumen for Digital Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent practical experience
- Passionate solution-seeker
- Competitive nature and a winning team spirit
- Problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to continuously learn, try new things and adapt to change
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- This role requires a valid driver license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by law
We offer an energized, passionate team within a fun & flexible workplace.
We offer competitive compensation with uncapped incentives and world class benefits, including comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage, matching 401(K), Paid Time Off and more. This is an opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family WCS Outside Sales
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Salary
- Detroit, MI, USA