Graphics - Designer II
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The experienced mid-level designer will proactively communicate and collaborate with our internal design teams, sales and clients on project scope, status and creative execution. The qualifying candidate will be extremely organized and have a critical eye for detail with an emphasis on accuracy, quality and sophistication. The development of on-screen and printed materials will support high-stakes, new business initiatives and provide a higher level of ongoing support. Excellent communication skills, knowledge of the design process and a love for collaborative thinking are essential. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is required for both print and digital products.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships, both internal and external. This role collaborates with a variety of personnel to ensure successful transitions into and throughout the production lifespan. A higher standard of design, format, and production is required, while adhering to all brand and style guides provided. Should be flexible to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Accommodate special projects with excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to seek solutions often times outside of SOP.
- Use established procedures, standards and formats to edit, proof, create, or otherwise complete presentation requests to client satisfaction. Analyze and interpret content and data to find the best solution to visually present the information via page layout, animation, and imagery.
- Facilitate meetings, and other administrative responsibilities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
Here’s what you need:
- Link to portfolio required
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree preferred
- Three-years of experience in publishing or graphic arts field
- Experience creating and designing high level complex or specialty ads
- Publishing or graphic arts industry knowledge required
- Print and digital knowledge required
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven and a rapidly changing environment
- Proven excellent customer service skills
- Is committed to creating and delivering clean, professional results
- The ability to comprehend and interpret documents, listen attentively and follow instructions
There are a 4 openings available
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Creative & Design
- Job Function General Administration
- Des Moines, IA, USA
- Indianapolis, IN, USA