Customer Service & Sales Representative
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies LCCALiQ ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett, USA Today Network Louisville Outbound Call Center is seeking full-time sales representatives to join our team. Are you looking for a great career opportunity with company that is a leader in print and digital media?
Experience in the sales industry and customer service is preferred, but training is available. Desirable candidates will have strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
This is a full-time position including a base salary plus commission.
- To retain, restart and sell home delivery subscriptions via phone targeted scripting, sales techniques and overcoming objections.
- Maintain retention at acceptable levels. Meet established criteria for EZ Pay Conversions, in addition to availability, closing, sales per hour, edit time, talk time and presentations per hour in departmental calling campaigns.
- Follow up with current customer accounts for customer service issues delivery verification, to collect payment to follow up on stopped accounts to resell/restart.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Be professional, courteous and timely in every interaction, conveying to all external customers our appreciation for their business.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Confident and engaging personality
- Excellent verbal communication with clear pronunciation.
- Ability to display empathy and personalization with each customer interaction
- Ability to multitask - typical tasks involve account research, functions on screen, remaining engaged with customer
- Strong ability to use technology
- Must have excellent attendance, be punctual and have desire to make a positive contribution to the team
- Open to receive and apply feedback
- High School diploma/GED required
- Six months related sales or call center experience preferred
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Evenings and Saturday shift schedule
- Base Pay Plus Commission
- Paid Training
- High Earning Potential
- Business Casual Environment
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Consumer Marketing & Sales
- Job Function Marketing
- Louisville, KY, USA