Manager, IT Services
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Manages day-to-day activities of direct reports including hiring, performance appraisals, work schedules, assignments, training and development ensuring that resources are allocated to complete work in a timely fashion. Develops IT staff members by implementing tactics to raise competency with the technology we support. Provides functional oversight for IT Services operations for assigned business units and/or regions in accordance with established standards including the assumption of functional direction of all Gannett and USCP IT personnel as they undertake IT Services tasks.
This position will also provide advanced support of internal customers’ systems and technology at assigned business units and/or provides functional oversight of an assigned subset of technologies, systems, and processes across the Group, assisting ITS leadership with the management of that function and functional direction of personnel as they support that function. Has primary responsibility of performing independent task assignment and analysis of an assigned subset of process systems and workflows. In so doing, resolves problems and documents resolutions.
- Architect, install, monitor, maintain, and upgrade client-based solutions in the Enterprise.
- Problem resolution requiring working with other teams and outside vendors to isolate problems and drive towards quick and complete resolutions.
- Document problem resolutions.
- Work with IT staff across the company, Internal Audit, executives and others.
- Conduct evaluations for new equipment and services for use in the Company datacenters.
- Maintain procedural and equipment documentation.
- Ability to describe and understand clients, client-based software solutions and network systems.
- Manage project tasks and see them through to completion while keeping upper management informed of progress.
- Mentor and assist in the development of team members.
- Maintain technical proficiency in servers, server-based software solutions and network systems.
- React to change productively, work with very minimal supervision, and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Off-hours work, 24 hour a day on-call duties, long hours required.
- Occasional travel required.
- Be able to effectively communicate with all individuals in the organization. Solid customer service skills.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team in both leader and follower roles.
- Effectively and efficiently turnover solutions to Operations and other support teams.
- Provide early warning of problems to management and expedient resolution of those problems.
- Understand all internal control standards and policies, actively advocates within and outside the department the adherence to those standards and policies, and documents what those standards and policies require in their areas of responsibility.
- Respond to all email and phone messages within 24 hours. Keep user departments informed on progress on projects. Report status of projects and provides weekly status report. Report status of projects and activities as requested.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family IT Services
- Job Function Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Thursday, May 16, 2019
- McLean, VA, USA