Product Design Manager
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Product Design and UX team to manage team capacity, reporting, and planning functions, In addition, the Product Design manager will asisist with team portfolio planning and Discovery process roadmaps. This candidate must be a master of soft skills like negotiation, communication, persuasion, and collaboration as they will play an active role oncross-functional projectteams. This position will guide and serve teams that deliver productsolutions, through effective application of the Lean/Agile principles andDiscoveryframeworks. The person will be considered a subject-matter expert, have excellent logic and problem-solving skills and bring disclosure and transparency to the business while growing business trust. We need an individual that effectively manages the process for how information is documented, exchange, and maintained. They will be responsible for enforcing the rules of Scrum, removing impediments, documenting and holding the team accountable to the development policies, procedures, processes, and metrics that reflect best development practices and information technology department business objectives.
- Coaching, implementing, and promoting project management best practices and standards across the delivery teams.
- Responsible for guidance to the team around creating and maintaining backlogs, managing artifacts, as well as facilitating the sprint planning meetings, daily scrum meetings, and sprint review meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Actively identify and work to remove team impediments by applying creative problem solving.
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Empower the team to self-organize.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs and general maintenance items.
Liaison & Communication
- Serve as liaison between non-technical andtechnical departments.
- Communicate with other management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues.
Liaison & Communication
Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree
- 2-3 years of Scrum Master experience and/or project management experience.
- Must have CSM (Certified Scrum Master) certification.
- Proven IT experience including experience with Agile software development methodologies, namely Scrum and/or Kanban
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Scaled Agile Frameworks, e.g. SAFe.
- Skilled leader able to effectively work with a diverse team and skilled at building relationships across all levels of the organization.
- A deep understanding of continual delivery methods (automation pipeline, test driven development), and DevOps culture.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Requires excellent verbal communication skills; able to articulate clearly to both technical and business teams.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated.
- Team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential.
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Familiar with Atlassian tools, e.g. JIRA and Confluence.
- Forms a great trio with the product owner and dev manager.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Technical Project Management
- Job Function Product
- Pay Type Salary
- McLean, VA, USA