Market Development - Events Coordinator
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Event Coordinator role will support USA TODAY Network events with event administrative and logistical support. Events include Food Truck Mashup series as well as other USAT Network events.
- Supporting the Event Manager and Event Director on national event programs
- Assist with maintaining management of event timelines, checklists and registration tracking
- Assist with venue site visits and meeting
- Assisting with on-site event management, set up and tear down
- Professionally communicate with partners and sponsors for event planning and logistics needs
- Assist with post-event activities such as surveys, event recaps and developing key learnings and areas for improvement
- Recruiting food trucks (25-30) per market for the specified date of the event.
- Ability to review insurance requirements, terms and conditions and collecting signed documents and COI by deadlines
- Manage social media information for participating vendors and providing them information to promote the event to their followers
- Ability to track and collect vendor payments
- Manage and finalize participation requirements for vendors and partners
- Self-starter, high level of initiative, proven proactive thinker and will go the extra mile
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and leverage cross-department resources
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Clear Communicator - clearly articulate and communicate your ideas and the ideas of others verbally and in writing. You can chat somebody up over the phone and in person and you’re not afraid to speak up in a brainstorm session.
- Loves the idea of being able to wear multiple hats and can prioritize, multi-task and self-motivate
- Enjoys research and is willing to put in the extra effort to find the best options
- Team player who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and is always willing to pitch in on anything
- Experience working Microsoft Word and Excel
- Social media experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years of event marketing/planning experience
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Events
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Indianapolis, IN, USA