Software Development Manager
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
SweetIQ delivers industry leading location-based marketing analytics and automation solutions. SweetIQ location and reputation management software enables multi-location brands, marketing agencies, and small/medium sized business resellers to manage their location data, measure consumer engagement, and convert online searches to in-store foot traffic. SweetIQ is offered by ReachLocal, a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
Position description - What the job is about:
Reporting to SweetIQ's Delivery Director, you will manage a team of Software Developers in a fast-paced collaborative environment. You and your team will be working closely with passionate Architects, Product Owners and Designers sharing one common goal: to create the best digital marketing products out there!
- Together with the Delivery Director - grow the Team, define organizational goals and establish delivery KPIs.
- Manage development team(s) comprised of local and remote employees and consultants.
- Recruit, hire and on-board new employees and establish employee development plans, including coordinating and conducting performance
evaluations of the Software Developers.
- Remove roadblocks and distractions for the development team.
- Performs code reviews as required, ensuring coding and other standards are adhered to.
- Participate in roadmap and resource capacity planning.
- Promote an environment of collaboration and a spirit of delivery.
- Organize training for your team to maintain a high quality of work, provide the competency needed to meet the roadmap objectives and remain up to
date with current technologies.
Requirements - What you need to have:
- Experienced manager, Team Lead, Senior Software Developer (+10 years)
- Computer Science / Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks
- Autonomous, very dynamic, capable of handling working in a very fast-paced environment
- Proven Team Leadership and solution-oriented mindset.
- Highly effective communicator, clearly and accurately in both French and English, enjoying[LD1] [CJ2] [CJ3] working with people from various cultural
and technical backgrounds.
Technical Skills - What you need to know:
- Familiarity with modern software development practices, including unit test, shared code ownership, test driven development, continuous integration
and continuous delivery
- Familiarity with code review processes (e.g. GitHub pull requests)
- Familiarity building and maintaining web applications and backend services
- If you worked with any of the following technologies, it is a plus:
Google Cloud or Amazon Web Services
SQL and NoSQL Databases
What SweetIQ Offers:
We love collaboration, desire and commitment – so we’ve built our teams that way!
The number one SweetIQ benefit is collaborating with passionate people who love what they do and love
getting the job done. We foster a dynamic and empowering work environment - with mentoring, plenty of
growth opportunities, and where a culture of diversity and inclusion are promoted.Our quarterly
innovation week expands you out of “work mode” with fun, creative side projects to keep the juices
Here’s are some other great things we’ve got going on:
- Great downtown location – straight to train or metro!
And if you prefer to travel, on wheels instead of rails – we have indoor bike parking as well!
- Subsidized Public Transportation (STM and RTM).
- Wellness incentives – including $420 of fitness allowance yearly, massage therapy, and more!
- Access to free yoga classes and discounts at YMCA and Energy Cardio.
- Caffeine on tap (almond milk too!), fresh fruit baskets, healthy snacks and more.
- Company activities such as softball, onsite bi-weekly yoga, and running club - just to name a few!
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Development & Engineering
- Job Function Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada